by Nancy Coco
Hot Cocoa Fudge
I love making fudge for Christmas celebrations. I remember Christmas at my grandmother’s house. After dinner we would sit down to open gifts and she would bring out a plate of fudge for us to enjoy while we played with our new toys.
Hot Cocoa fudge gives you the taste of a nice cup of hot cocoa in a smooth fudgy bite. Here’s the recipe.
Makes 12 to 16 bars
- 2 14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 2 packets of powdered hot cocoa mix
- ¼ cup of butter
- ½ cup of mini marshmallows
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with foil and butter the foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl put one can of sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Stir in between until smooth.
- Add the hot cocoa mix and two tablespoons of butter and stir until smooth. Pour into pan.
- In a second microwave safe bowl, pour the second can of sweetened condensed milk and the white chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Add remaining butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour the white chocolate fudge over the chocolate fudge. Garnish with mini marshmallows. Chill until set.
- Cut into ½ inch pieces and enjoy!
There is nothing cozier than a cup of hot cocoa and a piece of fudge as you read your favorite Christmas cozy.
Nancy J Parra AKA Nancy Coco AKA Nell Hampton is the author of over 30 published novels which include five mystery series: The Oregon Honey-comb Mystery Series (Kensington), The Candy-Coated Mysteries (Kensington), The Kensington Palace Mystery Series (Crooked Lane), The Wine Country Tours Mystery Series (Crooked Lane) The Gluten-free Baker’s Treat Mysteries (Berkley Prime Crime), and The Perfect Proposal Mysteries (Berkley Prime Crime). Her writing has been called witty and her protagonists plucky by reviewers around the world. Nancy is a member of Sisters in Crime, and loves to hear from readers.
For more information, please visit her website here.